How to Configure AOL Mail On Your System
Configure AOL Mail On Your System
Configure AOL mail on your system is easy to read the article.AOL is a very famous website. Many people surf the website to know about the latest happenings, news, and videos. But they are also in the field of electronic mails. In fact, they were one of the first in this field. The e-mail service they provide is very reliable. You can configure the AOL mail on your computer.
Every computer running with Windows have their pre-installed Mailbox application. You can configure your AOL mail in the Mailbox. Similarly, the computers running Mac OS can also be configured with AOL mail. Here are the steps to do so.
Mail is the default application in every computer running any Operating system like Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Vista or even Mac OS.
When you are configuring the AOL mail for the first time on your computer, do the following. (For Windows OS)
- Open the Windows mail and Enter the name in the space provided.
- Now click on Next Button.
- In the upcoming page, enter your AOL email account and click Next again.
- Now it is very important for you to choose POP3 from the drop-down menu, and then fill the corresponding text boxes with the following:
- Incoming mail server: pop.aol.com
- Outgoing e-mail server name: smtp.aol.com
- If you select IMAP from the drop-down box then be sure to enter imap.aol.com in the incoming server address text box.
- Check in the checkbox next to Outgoing server requires authentication.
- Now press next.
- In the following window, enter your email username in the first box.
- Enter your password in the Password field and choose to remember/save the password if you wish.
- Now Click Next to reach the final page. Here you can click Finish to exit setup.
- You can otherwise choose Do not download my e-mail at this time if you would wait to have Windows Mail download your AOL emails.
- Now, when you click on Windows Mail, it will directly go to your AOL Inbox.
Configure AOL Mail On Your Windows 10
- If you are setting up the AOL mail, not like the first time, do the following steps.
- Open the “Mail” app from the Start screen.
- On the top right corner of your computer, click on ‘Settings’ button.
- Now choose Accounts.
- Click on Add an Account
- Now select “AOL.”
- Now the usual steps follow. At the email address text box, enter your AOL email address and in the password text box enter your password.
- Then click the “Connect” button.
- Now the application will take time to download all your emails from all folders of your AOL mail and connect you with your AOL email account.
- Now your AOL Mail is completed its configuration fully. Click on a folder to view the messages in that folder.
Configure AOL Mail On Your Mac Mail (Mac OS)
The Macintosh or the computers which run Apple’s own operating system, the Mac OS are very easy to use. Thanks to their simple structured operating system, which are also reliable, the whole process is very simple.
- Firstly open Mail App from your deck.
- In case you are using this app for the first time, the application itself will prompt you to add an account
- When it asks you to select a mail service provider. Select the AOL from many like Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo mail and so on. By clicking on the button next to AOL you are selecting it.
- Now click Continue.
- In the next window, enter in your details.
- Do make sure that you type the full email address.
- Now type in your email password. And then click on Done button.
- Now all your mail will be downloaded and then AOL account will open.
If there is any other email account already linked on your Mail, then you can add the AOL mail account by following the steps given below.
- Open your Mail application.
- Go to Mail → Add account.
- When the next window appears, select AOL.
- Enter the email address and password.
- Click done button.
- Now your AOL account will be added.
By following the above steps you can configure the AOL mail on your system.